The Licensing Forum is a group of practioners from across the public sector who are involved in licensing and copyright. The Forum provides an opportunity for them to share best practice and problems and to discuss developments in information policy.
Terms of Reference
Sharing best practice at practitioner level across central government
The aims of the forum are to:
- improve licensing systems and processes;
- ensure greater consistency in licensing and information policy across government;
- increase transparency of licensing and information policy both internally and externally;
- encourage a greater awareness of emerging information policy across government; and,
- promote good customer service and responsiveness to customer requirements.
It is intended that the forum will meet quarterly. The Chair will not be provided by one department but will rotate on a voluntary basis. It is intended that meetings will consist of brief presentations by members or guest speakers, followed by group discussion. A report shall be made of the proceedings and will be disseminated via members, on the OPSI website, and to the Advisory Panel on Public Sector Information (APPSI).