We issue guidance to Government departments, agencies and all users of Crown copyright protected materials. This guidance is designed to guide, alert and advise on a range of copyright and access issues. We welcome as wide a dissemination of these guidance notes as possible and they may be copied and distributed without restriction, through newsletters, e-mail, notice boards, in training manuals, on websites and by various other means.
- Publication of Articles written by Ministers and Civil Servants
- Copyright in Public Records
- Reproduction of Court Forms
- Copyright in Works Commissioned by the Crown
- Reproduction of United Kingdom, England, Wales and Northern Ireland Primary and Secondary Legislation
- Guidance on the copying of Birth, Death, Marriage and Civil Partnership Certificates and Marriage Registers
- Reproduction of Government Press Notices for England, Northern Ireland and Wales
- Reproduction of National Curriculum Material for Wales / Atgynhyrchu Deunydd y Cwricwlwm Cenedlaethol ar gyfer Cymru
- Copyright and Publishing Notices
- Reproduction of Bills and Explanatory Notes to Bills of the United Kingdom Parliament
- Reproduction of the Record of Proceedings, the National Assembly for Wales / Atgynhyrchu Cofnod y Trafodion, Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru
- Information Asset Register and Freedom of Information - a co-ordinated response to information access
- Freedom of Information Publication Schemes
- Reproduction of the British Passport
- Crown Copyright - an overview for government departments
- Re-use of Crown Copyright Extracts
- Waiver of Crown copyright
Further guidance notes will be issued in due course. We recognise that many users have a particular interest in certain types of government material. We have aimed to make each guidance note as comprehensive and self contained as possible and inevitably this results in an element of duplication.
Where the material you wish to reproduce falls outside the scope of the guidance available you should apply for a copyright permission. To make an application to reproduce Crown copyright material or for Parliamentary copyright material please visit the Click-Use licences section.
If you have any queries or comments then let us know. In response to comments amend our guidance to make it as clear as possible.
We welcome comments on any other topics where departments, agencies and users would find guidance useful, please contact the OPSI Information Policy team.