Top tips on running a healthy drinks vending machine in school
Thursday 7 October 2004
There are eight main points to remember when setting up a healthy vending machine in your school.
- Pupil power is key – get them involved in choosing the products for the healthy drinks vending machine.
- Make sure catering staff are committed to making the new machine work.
- Provide a broad range of products and keep prices competitive.
- Carefully consider where to locate the machines, as catering staff will need to refill stock on a regular basis.
- Keep a log of which products sell best so popular items can be replaced quickly.
- The customer is king! Listen to pupils' feedback on what they like and don't like.
- Encourage pupils to devise a marketing or promotional campaign for the new machines as part of their studies.
- Manage litter by providing bins near to the machines.